Financial hardship is always scary. My dear friends, the Davis family are facing hard times. After losing their house in our small hometown of Mena back in April 2009, they have had a tough time of it. Currently, their home is in foreclosure and they aren't concerned about that... we hope to raise enough money to pay the car note so it doesn't get repossessed. My friends...they are strong with their faith in the lord but you and I both know the Lord helps those who help themselves... Brainstorming to come up with ways to raise money to make a car note, we came up with an art-for-donations plan. You will be helping the Davis Family: Rachel (my bestie); David, her husband; Megan (my god child); and Mitchell. Rachel, a stay at home mom who does work at home and they are 11 year homeschool veterans. David does sales and construction but recently lost his job.

Please help if you can! We will exchange your donation of $9 or more with a shopping bag and/or other item.

Please read my blog entries below for more information on handcrafted items available from myself, Megan or Rachel.


Rachel's Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hillbillycreations

Rachel's Blog http://holyhillbillycreations.wordpress.com/ Rachel's Web Page: http://holyhillbillycreations.com/

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More bags available!

I have these bags in my possession (meaning they are in Conway if some of my Conwaynians want to donate/buy a bag, I can deliver!)

You will not find bags like these in stores-and especially not for only $8. (If we have to mail the bags, we ask for $9, a little extra for shipping)
The sizes of the bags do vary, but check this one out

^This bag size easily carries 3 2-liter bottles with space for more (just to give you an idea of how spacious it is) Even with the three bottles in there, I could carry it easily and the straps did not dig in and 'burn' my arms.  Now I know, you probably won't lug around 3 bottles of soda... but the point is... YOU CAN! You won't get that sturdiness from those cheapy canvas shopping bags you can pick up in the check out line.

NEXT
  I LOVE  this retro bag.


Didn't someone in your family have this print on something when you were growing up? It's awesome vintage fun!  This bag is the same height as the Purple/Star bag above, although it is slightly narrower. It fits two 2-liters with room to spare.

Retro... different decade! 80s


I love that Rachel lines most of her bags and I love that the interior pattern on this is checked. It is so 80s retro-fab to me. If you guys don't help out and buy these bags, I'll go broke because I'll buy them all for myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment